It is my pleasure to invite you to attend the annual meeting of the International Society for Extracellular Vesicles (ISEV2017) from May 17-21 in Toronto, CA. ISEV2017 offers an unparalleled opportunity to network with and learn from the preeminent leaders in extracellular vesicle (EV) research.
The scope and quality of the scientific exchange make ISEV2017 the largest and the premier meeting in EV research in the world. This event features five days of the best in vesicle science covering all aspects of basic, clinical and translational research. The research theme includes diverse areas of science encompassing rare and neglected diseases, infectious disease, coagulation, cancer, neuroscience, cardiovascular, immunology, regenerative medicine, virology, parasitology and more.
The overall theme of ISEV 2017 is “Diversity of EV Composition and Function in Disease Diagnosis and Therapeutics.” Amidst growing interest in the promise of EV in disease detection and treatment, ISEV2017 will bring scientists and clinicians in medical and biotechnology communities together to translate their research. No other meeting in the world offers the scope, participation level, and thematic focus of ISEV2017 concentrating and cross-pollinating scientific investigations in the field of disease biomarkers and therapeutic tools by disseminating cutting-edge developments in EV research.
Key features of ISEV2017:
- ISEV2017 is the only global meeting with over 900 EV scientists presenting over 600 abstracts. Be a part of the largest EV research community!
- Dedicated programming with 26 tracks covering several aspects of EV research
- Satellite and special sessions on Flow Cytometry (with ISAC and ISTH), EV-HIV and EV-Omics in RNA, protein and lipids
- Opportunities for interactive learning and stimulated panel discussions on Education Day plus Meet-the-Expert and Experts-Meet Sessions.
- Diversity is Synergistic! New focus areas added including ‘Quorum Sensing’, special session on ‘Transitions form Academic to Industry’, and joint sessions with EV-related professional international societies
For these reasons and many more, I hope you’ll join me in Toronto this May.
Susmita Sahoo, PhD
Chair, International Organizing Committee ISEV2017